Wednesday, March 26, 2014

20% Project Update

Hi! My group and I have made some huge accomplishments throughout the 20% project. Although, it took a lot of hard work and persistence. At first we contacted rainbowloom asking for a donation or either looms or runner bands. They quickly got back to us but said that we would have to contact a nearby store that sold rainbowloom. The first thing that came to mind was a Michael's store right across the street from our high school. Chloe and I went there and asked for a manager. Once we met the manager we explained our project and the situation that we are in and he said that he would contact headquarters. After about 3 weeks of waiting for a reply from either him or headquarters there was nothing. I called him and he (Gus) said that they still hadn't gotten back to him. So I decided to take it into my own hands. I called Michael's phone number that's on their website and spoke to someone. I explained the situation and they were reluctant to do anything. Finally after multiple long conversations they gave in. They said that if I contacted rainbowloom and told them to talk to Michael's they could work something out. I sent rainbow loom and email and within days they responded. They gave me a donation form and Mia filled it out. Oh! I forgot the mention... Gus (the Michaels store manager) gave us some rubber bands that couldn't be sold because their bags had broken. From here we plan to get a reply from rainbowloom and figure out a way to get more looms. I'm very happy just getting rubber bands but some looms would be great! I'm excited to see what come and help children in the hospital. I think that tomorrows pitch presentation will turn out well and hopefully some people will want to help! I'll keep you updated, but until then, goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment